Saturday 11 September 2010

Shane Meadows

From back in Mansfield, someone who used to work in the same bar as me recommended me to Shane Meadows films after he, who also makes films came second place to Shane Meadows in the Bang Film Festival. After watching many of his films I think he offers his own place in the film market, sharing personal experiences, and old 80's culture which many film makers don't really do at the minute. I find it really interesting at the culture of what it is and is important also as a designer to look back in history to understand where there influence came from. Shane Meadows also shows the real life of this period and from different other peoples views so not everything has got a fairy tale ending. And last but not least at the age of twenty he moved to Nottingham so I am familiar where scenes where shot around Nottinghamshire and the midlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment